Thursday, January 25, 2018

Muy Deliciosa!

This past weekend we made some of our favourite Mexican eats, which totally made us miss Mexico.  After whipping up a big batch of pico de gallo on Friday evening, we used it in fish tacos.


Simple, baked salt and pepper cod, pico de gallo, pickled jalapenos, and sour cream on corn tortillas:


The next morning Christopher used some of the pico to make my favourite omelette, which also includes cheese and bacon, with avocado and sour cream on top.  It is perfection.  He also made truffled breakast potatoes.


We lucked out when buying the avocados and picked up a couple that were perfectly ripe (that never happens).


On the weekend we also made chipotle chicken soup:


And pibil pork crepes with poblano pepper sauce:


We prepared a corn salad and some spiced rice to have with the crepes.


There was definitely some spice going on over the weekend, so we cooled off with a pink lemonade frozen cheesecake for dessert.


The week flew by, and just like that it's almost the weekend again!

What do you have planned for this coming weekend?  Do you like pico de gallo?  Do you like spicy food?  Have you cooked any Mexican dishes recently?

1 comment:

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

We LOVE Mexican food! I love any kind of taco but pork and fish tacos are my favorite. I also love pico and always get extra on my burrito bowl at chipotle. I haven’t done any cooking lately as being on my feet is really painful thanks to my stupid blood clot. But hopefully the pain subsides soon so I can get back to cooking. Plus I really want to make some freezer meals so we have easy meals to eat after the baby arrives!!